For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|1 lb. Italian meatballs, premade or your own|
|1 lb. sweet Italian sausage links|
|2 green peppers|
|8 cloves garlic|
|1/2 lb. button mushrooms|
|3 cups marinara sauce|
|2 bay leaves|
|2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped|
- Cook the meatballs until cooked through, preferable in an oven set at 350 degrees F. Place them in a large pot.
- Place the sausages in boiling water and cook for five minutes. Remove them from the water and place under a broiler until browned on two sides.
- When cool, cut into bite-sized pieces and add to the pot. Peel the onion and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Saute the onion in a very hot skillet with a little olive oil until starting to brown. Add them to the pot.
- Clean and cut the peppers into bite-sized pieces and saute them also in a little olive oil until they start to brown and add them to the pot.
- Do the same for the button mushrooms, leaving them whole. Add the marinara, bay leaves and basil to the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Let cook for at least an hour (or more) and either serve or let cool to room temperature and refrigerate.
- Like many dishes of this type, it's usually better reheated the next day.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and crostini.
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >