For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|1 lb. Italian meatballs, premade or your own|
|1 lb. sweet Italian sausage links|
|2 green peppers|
|8 cloves garlic|
|1/2 lb. button mushrooms|
|3 cups marinara sauce|
|2 bay leaves|
|2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped|
- Cook the meatballs until cooked through, preferable in an oven set at 350 degrees F. Place them in a large pot.
- Place the sausages in boiling water and cook for five minutes. Remove them from the water and place under a broiler until browned on two sides.
- When cool, cut into bite-sized pieces and add to the pot. Peel the onion and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Saute the onion in a very hot skillet with a little olive oil until starting to brown. Add them to the pot.
- Clean and cut the peppers into bite-sized pieces and saute them also in a little olive oil until they start to brown and add them to the pot.
- Do the same for the button mushrooms, leaving them whole. Add the marinara, bay leaves and basil to the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Let cook for at least an hour (or more) and either serve or let cool to room temperature and refrigerate.
- Like many dishes of this type, it's usually better reheated the next day.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and crostini.
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >