For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pumpkin Cheesecake with a Gingersnap Crust
Rate this Recipe
A fun and festive Fall dessert.
|1/2 cup chopped walnuts|
|1/2 cup powdered sugar|
|1 package gingersnap cookies|
|8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted|
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|1/4 teaspoon ground ginger|
|3 tablespoons dark rum|
|3/4 cup pumpkin puree|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1 3/4 lb cream cheese|
|1 cup sugar|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Finely grind walnuts, powered sugar and gingersnaps in a food processor. Add butter and pulse until evenly mixed.
- Pour cake crust into a spring form pan. Press into the bottom and up the sides.
- Clean out the food processor bowl. Pour cinnamon, ginger, rum, pumpkin puree, eggs, salt, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract into the bowl. Puree ingredients until smooth.
- Spoon into spring form pan. Place in oven and bake for 90 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 4 hours.