For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Slow Roasted Pork Butt
Rate this Recipe
The perfect roast for the beginning of Fall.
|4 lb pork shoulder butt roast|
|1 bulb garlic, broken into cloves|
|1/3 cup Worcestershire Sauce|
|3/4 cup light brown sugar|
|1 1/4 cups apple juice|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Create small slits throughout the pork roast then insert a garlic clove into each slit.
- Place the roast in a casserole dish with a lid. Sprinkle the roast on all sides with Worcestershire sauce. Let sit for 2 hours.
- After two hours, spoon any Worcestershire sauce back on the roast that has accumulated on the bottom of the casserole.
- Press the brown sugar well into the meat on all sides.
- Pour the apple juice into the bottom of the casserole and place lid on top.
- Place the roast in the oven and reduce the oven temperature down to 200 degrees F.
- Roast for about 4 hours or until the meat is fall apart tender
- Season roast with salt and black pepper. Slice meat to serve.