For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Spiced Apple Muffins
Rate this Recipe
Enjoy this irresistible Fall treat.
|2 apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped|
|1 cup flour|
|1 cup whole wheat flour|
|1/4 cup dark brown sugar, plus 6 tablespoons for topping|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|8 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1 cup plain yogurt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cloves|
|1 tablespoon ground cinnamon|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|1/4 cup chopped walnuts|
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease a 12 muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, sugar and butter in a mixing bowl. Mix with a hand mixer.
- Add egg to sugar mix and mix well.
- Beat in yogurt and mix until batter is grainy.
- Add whole wheat flour, flour, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until combined.
- Add apples and walnuts, stir together.
- Spoon equal amounts of batter into each muffin cup. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Place into oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove muffin pan from oven, transfer muffins to cooling rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.