For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Asian Grilled Beef Ribs
Rate this Recipe
|5 lb. beef back ribs|
|1/4 cup jalapeno pepper, finely chopped|
|2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced|
|1/2 cup ketchup|
|1/3 cup Dijon-style mustard|
|1/3 cup hoisin sauce|
|2 Tbsp. water|
|2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar|
|fresh cilantro (optional), chopped|
- Combine jalapeño pepper, ginger, ketchup, mustard, hoisin sauce and water in small bowl; whisk until blended. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade for basting; add brown sugar and set aside.
- Place ribs in shallow pan or extra large food safe plastic bag; add remaining marinade. Turn to coat. Cover pan tightly or close bag securely; marinate ribs in refrigerator 1 to 4 hours, turning occasionally. Remove ribs from marinade; discard marinade.
- Prepare charcoal grill for indirect cooking by igniting an equal number of charcoal briquets on each side of fire grate, leaving open space in the center. When coals are medium, ash-covered (25 to 30 minutes), add 3 to 4 new briquets to each side. Position cooking grid with handles over coals so additional briquets may be added when necessary.
- Place ribs, meat side up, in large (16.125" x 11.75" x 2.875") foil roasting pan; cover tightly with aluminum foil. Place foil pan on cooking grid; cover with grill lid and grill over medium heat 1 to 1.5 hours or until ribs are fork-tender. Carefully remove roasting pan from grill; remove ribs from pan and place, meat side up, on grill rack. Baste ribs with reserved marinade; grill, covered, 10 to 15 minutes, turning and basting occasionally.
- Serve ribs with Asian greens and vegetables; sprinkle with chopped cilantro, if desired.
Get Your Grill On!
Star Spangled Scrumptious!
Get up and celebrate this 4th of July with some seriously delicious dishes! View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >