For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Asian Grilled Beef Ribs
Rate this Recipe
|5 lb. beef back ribs|
|1/4 cup jalapeno pepper, finely chopped|
|2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced|
|1/2 cup ketchup|
|1/3 cup Dijon-style mustard|
|1/3 cup hoisin sauce|
|2 Tbsp. water|
|2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar|
|fresh cilantro (optional), chopped|
- Combine jalapeño pepper, ginger, ketchup, mustard, hoisin sauce and water in small bowl; whisk until blended. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade for basting; add brown sugar and set aside.
- Place ribs in shallow pan or extra large food safe plastic bag; add remaining marinade. Turn to coat. Cover pan tightly or close bag securely; marinate ribs in refrigerator 1 to 4 hours, turning occasionally. Remove ribs from marinade; discard marinade.
- Prepare charcoal grill for indirect cooking by igniting an equal number of charcoal briquets on each side of fire grate, leaving open space in the center. When coals are medium, ash-covered (25 to 30 minutes), add 3 to 4 new briquets to each side. Position cooking grid with handles over coals so additional briquets may be added when necessary.
- Place ribs, meat side up, in large (16.125" x 11.75" x 2.875") foil roasting pan; cover tightly with aluminum foil. Place foil pan on cooking grid; cover with grill lid and grill over medium heat 1 to 1.5 hours or until ribs are fork-tender. Carefully remove roasting pan from grill; remove ribs from pan and place, meat side up, on grill rack. Baste ribs with reserved marinade; grill, covered, 10 to 15 minutes, turning and basting occasionally.
- Serve ribs with Asian greens and vegetables; sprinkle with chopped cilantro, if desired.
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Traditional Irish Recipes for St. Patrick's Day
Enjoy these classic Irish dishes in honor of St. Patrick's Day. There's the traditional Corned Beef & Cabbage, Shepherd's Pie and even Irish Potato Soup. They're hearty, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >