For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Asian Grilled Beef Ribs
Rate this Recipe
|5 lb. beef back ribs|
|1/4 cup jalapeno pepper, finely chopped|
|2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced|
|1/2 cup ketchup|
|1/3 cup Dijon-style mustard|
|1/3 cup hoisin sauce|
|2 Tbsp. water|
|2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar|
|fresh cilantro (optional), chopped|
- Combine jalapeño pepper, ginger, ketchup, mustard, hoisin sauce and water in small bowl; whisk until blended. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade for basting; add brown sugar and set aside.
- Place ribs in shallow pan or extra large food safe plastic bag; add remaining marinade. Turn to coat. Cover pan tightly or close bag securely; marinate ribs in refrigerator 1 to 4 hours, turning occasionally. Remove ribs from marinade; discard marinade.
- Prepare charcoal grill for indirect cooking by igniting an equal number of charcoal briquets on each side of fire grate, leaving open space in the center. When coals are medium, ash-covered (25 to 30 minutes), add 3 to 4 new briquets to each side. Position cooking grid with handles over coals so additional briquets may be added when necessary.
- Place ribs, meat side up, in large (16.125" x 11.75" x 2.875") foil roasting pan; cover tightly with aluminum foil. Place foil pan on cooking grid; cover with grill lid and grill over medium heat 1 to 1.5 hours or until ribs are fork-tender. Carefully remove roasting pan from grill; remove ribs from pan and place, meat side up, on grill rack. Baste ribs with reserved marinade; grill, covered, 10 to 15 minutes, turning and basting occasionally.
- Serve ribs with Asian greens and vegetables; sprinkle with chopped cilantro, if desired.
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >