For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Vietnamese Chicken Meatballs
Rate this Recipe
Makes 4 servings
|1 lb. chicken thighs, skinless and boneless|
|2 Tbsp. soy sauce|
|3 small shallots, finely chopped|
|3 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 Tbsp. lemon zest|
|3 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped|
|1 Tbsp. mint, finely chopped|
|2 tsp. cornstarch|
|1/2 tsp. kosher salt|
|1/2 tsp. pepper, freshly ground|
|1/2 cup granulated sugar|
|Asian chili sauce, for serving|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Clean the chicken of fat and cut into 1" chunks, then pulse in a food processor until coarsely ground. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the soy sauce, shallots, garlic, lemon zest, chopped cilantro and mint, cornstarch, salt and pepper and mix with your hands.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the sugar on a plate. Using slightly moistened hands, roll the chicken mixture into 1.25" balls. Roll the meatballs in the sugar until they are evenly coated.
- Transfer the meatballs to the prepared baking sheet and bake them for 15 minutes, until they are lightly browned and cooked through.
- Serve with the chili sauce.
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >