For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Vietnamese Chicken Meatballs
Rate this Recipe
Makes 4 servings
|1 lb. chicken thighs, skinless and boneless|
|2 Tbsp. soy sauce|
|3 small shallots, finely chopped|
|3 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 Tbsp. lemon zest|
|3 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped|
|1 Tbsp. mint, finely chopped|
|2 tsp. cornstarch|
|1/2 tsp. kosher salt|
|1/2 tsp. pepper, freshly ground|
|1/2 cup granulated sugar|
|Asian chili sauce, for serving|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Clean the chicken of fat and cut into 1" chunks, then pulse in a food processor until coarsely ground. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the soy sauce, shallots, garlic, lemon zest, chopped cilantro and mint, cornstarch, salt and pepper and mix with your hands.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the sugar on a plate. Using slightly moistened hands, roll the chicken mixture into 1.25" balls. Roll the meatballs in the sugar until they are evenly coated.
- Transfer the meatballs to the prepared baking sheet and bake them for 15 minutes, until they are lightly browned and cooked through.
- Serve with the chili sauce.
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >