For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Quick Louisiana Red Beans & Rice
Rate this Recipe
A brilliant combination of flavor and texture.
|4 cups kidney beans, cooked|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|1 green bell pepper, chopped|
|2 tablespoon garlic, minced|
|2 stalks celery, chopped|
|2 bay leaves|
|1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1 teaspoon thyme, dried|
|1/4 teaspoon sage, dried|
|1 tablespoon parsley, dried|
|1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning|
|1 lb. andouille sausage, sliced|
|4 cups water|
|2 cups long grain white|
- Place the cooked beans in a large pot.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and celery. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add the herbs and spices and cook for another four minutes Add this to the pot.
- Saute the sausage slices in olive oil until just browned and also add to the pot. Add a little water and place the pot over low heat.
- In a separate saucepan, cook the rice according to package directions.
- When the rice is finished, add it to the pot and stir.
- Serve warm.
See Other Recipes Like This
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >