For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Quick Louisiana Red Beans & Rice
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A brilliant combination of flavor and texture.
|4 cups kidney beans, cooked|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|1 green bell pepper, chopped|
|2 tablespoon garlic, minced|
|2 stalks celery, chopped|
|2 bay leaves|
|1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1 teaspoon thyme, dried|
|1/4 teaspoon sage, dried|
|1 tablespoon parsley, dried|
|1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning|
|1 lb. andouille sausage, sliced|
|4 cups water|
|2 cups long grain white|
- Place the cooked beans in a large pot.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and celery. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add the herbs and spices and cook for another four minutes Add this to the pot.
- Saute the sausage slices in olive oil until just browned and also add to the pot. Add a little water and place the pot over low heat.
- In a separate saucepan, cook the rice according to package directions.
- When the rice is finished, add it to the pot and stir.
- Serve warm.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >