For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Quick Louisiana Red Beans & Rice
Rate this Recipe
A brilliant combination of flavor and texture.
|4 cups kidney beans, cooked|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|1 green bell pepper, chopped|
|2 tablespoon garlic, minced|
|2 stalks celery, chopped|
|2 bay leaves|
|1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1 teaspoon thyme, dried|
|1/4 teaspoon sage, dried|
|1 tablespoon parsley, dried|
|1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning|
|1 lb. andouille sausage, sliced|
|4 cups water|
|2 cups long grain white|
- Place the cooked beans in a large pot.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and celery. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add the herbs and spices and cook for another four minutes Add this to the pot.
- Saute the sausage slices in olive oil until just browned and also add to the pot. Add a little water and place the pot over low heat.
- In a separate saucepan, cook the rice according to package directions.
- When the rice is finished, add it to the pot and stir.
- Serve warm.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
What to do with all that turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce?
Here's a few ideas that might help solve the Thanksgiving leftover dilemma. There's a lot you can do with turkey: sandwiches, wraps, tacos. But what can you do with stuffing and cranberry sauce? How about make a sandwich unlike any other. A little bit sweet, a little filling, a whole lotta goodness from the first bite to the last. How about a hearty soup or an everything casserole. View Recipes >