For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cream Cheese Stuffed Cupcakes
Rate this Recipe
Makes 16 cupcakes
|2 cup all-purpose flour|
|1 cup granulated sugar|
|1/2 cup sifted cocoa powder, for chocolate cupcakes|
|1 tsp. baking soda|
|1/2 tsp. salt|
|1 large egg, cracked into a small cup or saucer|
|1 stick unsalted butter, softened|
|1/2 cup buttermilk|
|1 tsp. vanilla extract|
|1/2 cup hot water|
|6 oz. cream cheese|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|6 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips|
|1/4 cup sweetened coconut, flaked|
|chocolate sauce (see below)|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 1 (12 cup) muffin tin with 12 paper muffin-tin liners and place 4 paper muffin-tin liners inside another muffin tin. Add 2 tablespoons of water to each of the paperless muffin wells. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the remaining ingredients, adding the hot water last. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Divide the batter evenly among the paper muffin-tin liners.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sugar. Fold in the chocolate chips and coconut. Drop the cream cheese mixture into the center of the cupcakes. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the cupcakes rise and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle chocolate sauce over cupcakes when serving.
|1 cup heavy cream|
|8 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped|
|2 tsp vanilla extract|
- In a small, heavy saucepan, bring the cream to a bare simmer over low heat. Place the chocolate pieces in a medium bowl.
- Add the cream into the chocolate and let sit for 3 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and whisk until the chocolate melts and the sauce thickens.
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Traditional Irish Recipes for St. Patrick's Day
Enjoy these classic Irish dishes in honor of St. Patrick's Day. There's the traditional Corned Beef & Cabbage, Shepherd's Pie and even Irish Potato Soup. They're hearty, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >