For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chicken Parmesan in a Skillet
Rate this Recipe
A quick and delicious skillet dinner.
|4 chicken breasts|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 jar marinara sauce, 24 oz.|
|1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|3/4 teaspoon dried basil|
|1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese|
|16 oz penne pasta|
|Salt, to taste|
|Pepper, to taste|
- Fill a large pot with 4-6 quarts of water. Bring water to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta and cook for about 12 minutes for al dente. Pour pasta into strainer and drain water. Return pasta to pot, cover and set aside.
- In a large skillet, drizzle with olive oil, bring to medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet, cook for 2-3 minutes per side until browned. Set chicken aside on a plate.
- Remove skillet from heat for 1- 2 minutes to allow to cool. Reduce temperature to medium-low. Once skillet has cooled, add marinara sauce, Parmesan cheese, and basil. Stir to combine. Place chicken breasts into sauce mixture; cover skillet, and simmer for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to broil.
- Transfer chicken along with sauce to a baking dish. Cover with mozzarella cheese, and broil 3-4 minutes until golden and bubbly. Remove baking dish from oven.
- Spoon penne pasta onto serving plates. Top pasta with sauce and chicken.
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >