For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Sloppy Joe Sandwiches
Rate this Recipe
The classic sandwich is now even easier!
|2 tablespoons butter|
|1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced|
|1 yellow onion, finely diced|
|1 lb ground beef|
|1 cup ketchup|
|1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cloves|
|2 tablespoons mustard|
|1 tablespoon sugar|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
|6 Kaiser rolls, toasted|
- Heat butter in a skillet that is set over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper and onion; cook for about 10-15 minutes or until soft.
- Add ground beef to skillet; cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add ketchup, vinegar, cloves, mustard, and sugar. Cover skillet then reduce heat to medium-low. Cook ingredients, stirring occasionally, for about 25 minutes or until dark and thick.
- Season with salt and pepper then serve on toasted Kaiser rolls.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >