For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Sloppy Joe Sandwiches
Rate this Recipe
The classic sandwich is now even easier!
|2 tablespoons butter|
|1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced|
|1 yellow onion, finely diced|
|1 lb ground beef|
|1 cup ketchup|
|1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cloves|
|2 tablespoons mustard|
|1 tablespoon sugar|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
|6 Kaiser rolls, toasted|
- Heat butter in a skillet that is set over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper and onion; cook for about 10-15 minutes or until soft.
- Add ground beef to skillet; cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add ketchup, vinegar, cloves, mustard, and sugar. Cover skillet then reduce heat to medium-low. Cook ingredients, stirring occasionally, for about 25 minutes or until dark and thick.
- Season with salt and pepper then serve on toasted Kaiser rolls.
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >