For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Sloppy Joe Sandwiches
Rate this Recipe
The classic sandwich is now even easier!
|2 tablespoons butter|
|1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced|
|1 yellow onion, finely diced|
|1 lb ground beef|
|1 cup ketchup|
|1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cloves|
|2 tablespoons mustard|
|1 tablespoon sugar|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
|6 Kaiser rolls, toasted|
- Heat butter in a skillet that is set over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper and onion; cook for about 10-15 minutes or until soft.
- Add ground beef to skillet; cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add ketchup, vinegar, cloves, mustard, and sugar. Cover skillet then reduce heat to medium-low. Cook ingredients, stirring occasionally, for about 25 minutes or until dark and thick.
- Season with salt and pepper then serve on toasted Kaiser rolls.