For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cranberry Spoon Bread
Rate this Recipe
|2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen|
|1/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed|
|2 cups skim milk|
|1 cup yellow cornmeal|
|1/2 tsp. salt|
|2 cup water|
|2 large eggs|
|2 egg whites|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium baking dish, combine cranberries and brown sugar. Mix well. Spread cranberry mixture over bottom of dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, cornmeal, and salt. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; whisk cornmeal mixture into water. Cook , whisking constantly, until cornmeal mixture thickens and bubbles, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs with 1/4 cup of cornmeal mixture. Whisk egg and cornmeal mixture back into saucepan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer set on high speed, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into cornmeal mixture. Spread cornmeal mixture over cranberry mixture in prepared dish.
- Bake spoon bread until golden and a knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Serve immediately.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >