For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cranberry Spoon Bread
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
|2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen|
|1/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed|
|2 cups skim milk|
|1 cup yellow cornmeal|
|1/2 tsp. salt|
|2 cup water|
|2 large eggs|
|2 egg whites|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium baking dish, combine cranberries and brown sugar. Mix well. Spread cranberry mixture over bottom of dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, cornmeal, and salt. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; whisk cornmeal mixture into water. Cook , whisking constantly, until cornmeal mixture thickens and bubbles, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs with 1/4 cup of cornmeal mixture. Whisk egg and cornmeal mixture back into saucepan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer set on high speed, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into cornmeal mixture. Spread cornmeal mixture over cranberry mixture in prepared dish.
- Bake spoon bread until golden and a knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Serve immediately.
Get Your Grill On!
Star Spangled Scrumptious!
Get up and celebrate this 4th of July with some seriously delicious dishes! View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >