For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cranberry Spoon Bread
Rate this Recipe
|2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen|
|1/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed|
|2 cups skim milk|
|1 cup yellow cornmeal|
|1/2 tsp. salt|
|2 cup water|
|2 large eggs|
|2 egg whites|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium baking dish, combine cranberries and brown sugar. Mix well. Spread cranberry mixture over bottom of dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, cornmeal, and salt. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; whisk cornmeal mixture into water. Cook , whisking constantly, until cornmeal mixture thickens and bubbles, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs with 1/4 cup of cornmeal mixture. Whisk egg and cornmeal mixture back into saucepan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer set on high speed, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into cornmeal mixture. Spread cornmeal mixture over cranberry mixture in prepared dish.
- Bake spoon bread until golden and a knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Serve immediately.
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >