For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cranberry Spoon Bread
Rate this Recipe
|2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen|
|1/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed|
|2 cups skim milk|
|1 cup yellow cornmeal|
|1/2 tsp. salt|
|2 cup water|
|2 large eggs|
|2 egg whites|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium baking dish, combine cranberries and brown sugar. Mix well. Spread cranberry mixture over bottom of dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, cornmeal, and salt. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; whisk cornmeal mixture into water. Cook , whisking constantly, until cornmeal mixture thickens and bubbles, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs with 1/4 cup of cornmeal mixture. Whisk egg and cornmeal mixture back into saucepan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer set on high speed, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into cornmeal mixture. Spread cornmeal mixture over cranberry mixture in prepared dish.
- Bake spoon bread until golden and a knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Serve immediately.
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >