For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pear and Apple Streusel Pie
Rate this Recipe
Serves 1 pie
A fantastic Fall dessert that's perfectly sweet.
|6 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces|
|1 1/2 cups flour|
|1/3 cup plain yogurt|
|1/3 cup flour|
|1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats|
|1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|3 pears, peeled and sliced|
|3 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced|
|1/3 cup sugar|
|2 tablespoons cornstarch|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
- In a large bowl, add butter to flour and mix until crumbs form. Add yogurt and toss with a fork until dough can be gathered into a ball. Press into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- To prepare topping, combine flour, oats, and brown sugar. Add butter and mix until coarse crumbs form. Set aside.
- To prepare filling, combine pears, apples, sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out chilled dough to a 12-inch wide circle. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie pan. Trim excess dough, leaving a 1-inch overhang; flute edges. Spoon filling into crust; sprinkle with topping.
- Place in oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, until crust is golden. Place on a wire rack and let cool completely.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
There's nothing quite like hot food on a cold day. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. View Recipes >