For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pear and Apple Streusel Pie
Rate this Recipe
Serves 1 pie
A fantastic Fall dessert that's perfectly sweet.
|6 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces|
|1 1/2 cups flour|
|1/3 cup plain yogurt|
|1/3 cup flour|
|1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats|
|1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|3 pears, peeled and sliced|
|3 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced|
|1/3 cup sugar|
|2 tablespoons cornstarch|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
- In a large bowl, add butter to flour and mix until crumbs form. Add yogurt and toss with a fork until dough can be gathered into a ball. Press into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- To prepare topping, combine flour, oats, and brown sugar. Add butter and mix until coarse crumbs form. Set aside.
- To prepare filling, combine pears, apples, sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out chilled dough to a 12-inch wide circle. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie pan. Trim excess dough, leaving a 1-inch overhang; flute edges. Spoon filling into crust; sprinkle with topping.
- Place in oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, until crust is golden. Place on a wire rack and let cool completely.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >