For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Potato, Parmesan and Salami Frittata
Rate this Recipe
The way every breakfast should taste.
|2 tablespoons cooking oil|
|1 1/2 lb baking potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|8 large eggs|
|1/4 cup grated Parmesan|
|1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|3 oz hard salami, halved then cut crosswise into thin strips|
|1 tablespoon butter|
|1/4 lb feta cheese, or other crumbly cheese|
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a 12-inch nonstick, ovenproof frying pan set over moderate heat. Add cubed potatoes to pan then sprinkle with salt. Saute for about 5 minutes or until potatoes are just done and browned. Remove potatoes from pan and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmesan and black pepper. Mix in the cooled potatoes and salami.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and butter to the frying pan; heat over moderate heat until butter melts.
- Pour frittata mixture into the pan then reduce heat to low. Sprinkle goat cheese atop frittata. Cook frittata for about 7 minutes or until the eggs are nearly set.
- Heat broiler. Set frittata 6-inches below heat source and broil for about 2 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Remove frittata from broiler then loosen with a spatula and slide onto a plate. Cut into wedges then serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >