For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cantaloupe and Avocado Salad
Rate this Recipe
A fruity and savory side salad.
|1/4 cup fresh lime juice|
|1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro|
|1/2 teaspoon coarse salt|
|3 lb melon, cantaloupe or MAG, quartered and seeded|
|1 avocado, halved, pitted and peeled|
|1/2 red onion, peeled, sliced thinly|
- To make dressing, in a medium bowl whisk together lime juice, olive oil, cilantro and salt; set aside.
- Cut each cantaloupe quarter in half lengthwise. Peel and discard skins. Slice each wedge lengthwise into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Cut each avocado half again lengthwise and then into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Place cantaloupe, avocado and sliced red onion into the bowl with dressing; gently toss to coat.
- Divide among four plates and serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Mom Like a Queen
Treat mom to a special home cooked meal this Mother's Day. We have a variety of easy and delicious dishes she's sure to love. View Recipes >
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >