For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
This one is sure to become a new favorite.
|1 cup packed brown sugar|
|5 tablespoons butter, melted|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 egg, lightly beaten|
|2 cups flour|
|2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|3/4 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk|
|1 1/4 cups butterscotch morsels|
|1/8 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl. Stir in vanilla and egg.
- Spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level. Combine flour, oats, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and baking soda in a bowl. Add oat mixture to sugar mixture; stir with a fork until combined (mixture will be crumbly).
- Place 3 cups oat mixture into the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking pan coated with cooking spray; press into bottom of pan. Set aside.
- Place sweetened condensed milk, butterscotch morsels, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at high 1 minute or until butterscotch morsels melt, stirring every 20 seconds. Stir in walnuts.
- Scrape mixture into pan, spreading evenly over crust. Sprinkle evenly with remaining oat mixture, gently pressing into butterscotch mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown. Place pan on a cooling rack; run a knife around outside edge.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >