For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Smoked Gouda & Chicken Macaroni Casserole
Rate this Recipe
A supremely delicious comfort food dish.
|8 oz elbow macaroni|
|3 tablespoons butter|
|3 tablespoons flour|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|4 oz smoked Gouda cheese, shredded|
|2 cups cubed cooked chicken|
|1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed|
|1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs|
|2 teaspoons butter, melted|
|Salt, to taste|
|Pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, until the flour mixture is well blended and bubbly.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth and cream. Stir in cheese until melted and mixture is smooth; season with salt and pepper. Stir until thickened, then add cooked chicken and vegetables and cook about 1 minute more.
- Combine sauce with cooked and drained macaroni and pour into a 2-quart casserole.
- Toss breadcrumbs with melted butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake for 25 minutes. (Until casserole is browned and bubbly)
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >