For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Smoked Gouda & Chicken Macaroni Casserole
Rate this Recipe
A supremely delicious comfort food dish.
|8 oz elbow macaroni|
|3 tablespoons butter|
|3 tablespoons flour|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|4 oz smoked Gouda cheese, shredded|
|2 cups cubed cooked chicken|
|1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed|
|1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs|
|2 teaspoons butter, melted|
|Salt, to taste|
|Pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, until the flour mixture is well blended and bubbly.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth and cream. Stir in cheese until melted and mixture is smooth; season with salt and pepper. Stir until thickened, then add cooked chicken and vegetables and cook about 1 minute more.
- Combine sauce with cooked and drained macaroni and pour into a 2-quart casserole.
- Toss breadcrumbs with melted butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake for 25 minutes. (Until casserole is browned and bubbly)
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >