For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Smoked Gouda & Chicken Macaroni Casserole
Rate this Recipe
A supremely delicious comfort food dish.
|8 oz elbow macaroni|
|3 tablespoons butter|
|3 tablespoons flour|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|4 oz smoked Gouda cheese, shredded|
|2 cups cubed cooked chicken|
|1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed|
|1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs|
|2 teaspoons butter, melted|
|Salt, to taste|
|Pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, until the flour mixture is well blended and bubbly.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth and cream. Stir in cheese until melted and mixture is smooth; season with salt and pepper. Stir until thickened, then add cooked chicken and vegetables and cook about 1 minute more.
- Combine sauce with cooked and drained macaroni and pour into a 2-quart casserole.
- Toss breadcrumbs with melted butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake for 25 minutes. (Until casserole is browned and bubbly)
See Other Recipes Like This
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >