For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Top Round Roast
Rate this Recipe
A classic dinner the whole family will love.
|4 lb top round roast|
|1 lb baby carrots|
|1 can diced tomatoes, 14.5 oz.|
|5 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 cup chopped celery|
|1 cup beef broth|
|1/2 cup dry red wine|
|1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram|
|1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1 teaspoon salt, to taste|
|1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, to taste|
- Liberally season roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Once hot, place roast in Dutch oven and brown on all sides.
- Set roast in a large crockpot. Add carrots, celery, tomatoes, garlic, beef broth, red wine, marjoram and thyme. Cover crockpot and cook on low heat for 10-12 hours.
- Remove roast and vegetables from crockpot.
- Pour liquid from crockpot into a 4-cup measuring cup and let stand for 15 minutes. Spoon and discard fat from crockpot liquid. Pour liquid over roast and vegetables and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >