For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Top Round Roast
Rate this Recipe
A classic dinner the whole family will love.
|4 lb top round roast|
|1 lb baby carrots|
|1 can diced tomatoes, 14.5 oz.|
|5 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 cup chopped celery|
|1 cup beef broth|
|1/2 cup dry red wine|
|1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram|
|1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1 teaspoon salt, to taste|
|1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, to taste|
- Liberally season roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Once hot, place roast in Dutch oven and brown on all sides.
- Set roast in a large crockpot. Add carrots, celery, tomatoes, garlic, beef broth, red wine, marjoram and thyme. Cover crockpot and cook on low heat for 10-12 hours.
- Remove roast and vegetables from crockpot.
- Pour liquid from crockpot into a 4-cup measuring cup and let stand for 15 minutes. Spoon and discard fat from crockpot liquid. Pour liquid over roast and vegetables and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Mom Like a Queen
Treat mom to a special home cooked meal this Mother's Day. We have a variety of easy and delicious dishes she's sure to love. View Recipes >
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >