For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Top Round Roast
Rate this Recipe
A classic dinner the whole family will love.
|4 lb top round roast|
|1 lb baby carrots|
|1 can diced tomatoes, 14.5 oz.|
|5 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 cup chopped celery|
|1 cup beef broth|
|1/2 cup dry red wine|
|1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram|
|1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1 teaspoon salt, to taste|
|1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, to taste|
- Liberally season roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Once hot, place roast in Dutch oven and brown on all sides.
- Set roast in a large crockpot. Add carrots, celery, tomatoes, garlic, beef broth, red wine, marjoram and thyme. Cover crockpot and cook on low heat for 10-12 hours.
- Remove roast and vegetables from crockpot.
- Pour liquid from crockpot into a 4-cup measuring cup and let stand for 15 minutes. Spoon and discard fat from crockpot liquid. Pour liquid over roast and vegetables and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Enjoy the Oscars with these supremely delicious dishes!
Oscar buzz is in the air. In order to properly honor the occasion, we have a few suggestions on what to serve your guests. Movie themed foods that pay tribute to the nominees. View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
There's nothing quite like hot food on a cold day. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. View Recipes >