For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Steak Quesadilla Stacks
Rate this Recipe
A cheesy steak filled Southwest-style favorite.
|1 1/4 lb skirt steak|
|2 tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|Salt, to taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|4 tablespoons olive oil|
|12 corn tortillas, 6-inch|
|2 cups grated pepper Jack cheese|
|1 1/2 cups salsa|
|Sour cream, for garnish|
- Place steak in a glass dish and sprinkle both sides of beef with lime juice, salt and pepper. Let stand for 15 minutes, turning steak occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over high heat. Add steak. Saute to desired doneness, (about 3 minutes per side for rare.) When steak reaches desired doneness, transfer to a cutting board. Let rest for 5 minutes then slice thinly.
- Brush 4 tortillas with oil. Place tortillas oil side down on 2 baking sheets; spread each tortilla with 1/4 cup of cheese and 1 tablespoon of salsa. Top each with second tortilla; spread with 1/4 cup of cheese, 1/4 of steak and 1 tablespoon of salsa. Press third tortilla onto each stack and brush the top tortillas with oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Use a metal spatula to carefully turn each quesadilla over then bake until golden and heated through, approximately 10 more minutes.
- Transfer quesadillas to plates and cut into wedges. Serve with remaining salsa and sour cream.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >