For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Steak Quesadilla Stacks
Rate this Recipe
A cheesy steak filled Southwest-style favorite.
|1 1/4 lb skirt steak|
|2 tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|Salt, to taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|4 tablespoons olive oil|
|12 corn tortillas, 6-inch|
|2 cups grated pepper Jack cheese|
|1 1/2 cups salsa|
|Sour cream, for garnish|
- Place steak in a glass dish and sprinkle both sides of beef with lime juice, salt and pepper. Let stand for 15 minutes, turning steak occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over high heat. Add steak. Saute to desired doneness, (about 3 minutes per side for rare.) When steak reaches desired doneness, transfer to a cutting board. Let rest for 5 minutes then slice thinly.
- Brush 4 tortillas with oil. Place tortillas oil side down on 2 baking sheets; spread each tortilla with 1/4 cup of cheese and 1 tablespoon of salsa. Top each with second tortilla; spread with 1/4 cup of cheese, 1/4 of steak and 1 tablespoon of salsa. Press third tortilla onto each stack and brush the top tortillas with oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Use a metal spatula to carefully turn each quesadilla over then bake until golden and heated through, approximately 10 more minutes.
- Transfer quesadillas to plates and cut into wedges. Serve with remaining salsa and sour cream.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >