For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Steak Quesadilla Stacks
Rate this Recipe
A cheesy steak filled Southwest-style favorite.
|1 1/4 lb skirt steak|
|2 tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|Salt, to taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|4 tablespoons olive oil|
|12 corn tortillas, 6-inch|
|2 cups grated pepper Jack cheese|
|1 1/2 cups salsa|
|Sour cream, for garnish|
- Place steak in a glass dish and sprinkle both sides of beef with lime juice, salt and pepper. Let stand for 15 minutes, turning steak occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over high heat. Add steak. Saute to desired doneness, (about 3 minutes per side for rare.) When steak reaches desired doneness, transfer to a cutting board. Let rest for 5 minutes then slice thinly.
- Brush 4 tortillas with oil. Place tortillas oil side down on 2 baking sheets; spread each tortilla with 1/4 cup of cheese and 1 tablespoon of salsa. Top each with second tortilla; spread with 1/4 cup of cheese, 1/4 of steak and 1 tablespoon of salsa. Press third tortilla onto each stack and brush the top tortillas with oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Use a metal spatula to carefully turn each quesadilla over then bake until golden and heated through, approximately 10 more minutes.
- Transfer quesadillas to plates and cut into wedges. Serve with remaining salsa and sour cream.
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >