For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Steak Quesadilla Stacks
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
A cheesy steak filled Southwest-style favorite.
|1 1/4 lb skirt steak|
|2 tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|Salt, to taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|4 tablespoons olive oil|
|12 corn tortillas, 6-inch|
|2 cups grated pepper Jack cheese|
|1 1/2 cups salsa|
|Sour cream, for garnish|
- Place steak in a glass dish and sprinkle both sides of beef with lime juice, salt and pepper. Let stand for 15 minutes, turning steak occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over high heat. Add steak. Saute to desired doneness, (about 3 minutes per side for rare.) When steak reaches desired doneness, transfer to a cutting board. Let rest for 5 minutes then slice thinly.
- Brush 4 tortillas with oil. Place tortillas oil side down on 2 baking sheets; spread each tortilla with 1/4 cup of cheese and 1 tablespoon of salsa. Top each with second tortilla; spread with 1/4 cup of cheese, 1/4 of steak and 1 tablespoon of salsa. Press third tortilla onto each stack and brush the top tortillas with oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Use a metal spatula to carefully turn each quesadilla over then bake until golden and heated through, approximately 10 more minutes.
- Transfer quesadillas to plates and cut into wedges. Serve with remaining salsa and sour cream.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >