For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Simple Apple Fritters
Rate this Recipe
A tasty treat you can enjoy any time of the day.
|3 red apples, peeled and diced|
|1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder|
|2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar mix, separated|
|1 cup flour|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|1/3 cup milk|
|Cooking oil, for frying|
|Powdered sugar, for topping|
- Combine baking powder, flour, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg and milk. Whisk until combined. Add dry ingredients from bowl to egg mixture. Whisk together to create batter.
- Add diced apple to cinnamon sugar mix. Toss to coat. Add apples to batter bowl and stir around.
- Pour cooking oil into a large pan. Bring to medium-high heat. Once oil is bubbling, add small batches of apples. Fry until they are golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Repeat until all apples are fried.
- Transfer apple fritter to a paper towel lined plate to cool. Once cooled, sprinkle apple fritter with powdered sugar and enjoy.
See Other Recipes Like This
Enjoy the Oscars with these supremely delicious dishes!
Oscar buzz is in the air. In order to properly honor the occasion, we have a few suggestions on what to serve your guests. Movie themed foods that pay tribute to the nominees. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >