For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Herb Crusted Round Tip Roast
Rate this Recipe
A perfect beef roast for weekday family dinners.
|3 lb boneless round tip roast|
|2 teaspoons prepared horseradish|
|2 tablespoons sour cream|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
|1 cup breadcrumbs|
|1 tablespoon thyme|
|1 tablespoon rosemary|
|1 tablespoon sage|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|2 teaspoons vegetable oil|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together horseradish and sour cream in a small bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs, thyme, rosemary, sage, garlic and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season roast with salt and black pepper. Place roast in skillet and sear until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove roast from skillet. Spread horseradish mixture over roast and then top roast with breadcrumb mixture, press mixture into roast. Return roast to skillet. Place skillet in oven and cook roast for about 45 minutes.
- Let the roast rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >