For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sirloin Tip Roast with Potatoes and Carrots
Rate this Recipe
A classic comfort food choice for cold winter days.
|4 lb boneless sirloin tip roast|
|2 tablespoons flour|
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|24 baby red potatoes|
|8 carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Pat roast dry with paper towels and then season all over with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle flour over roast, and spread and pat flour all over roast with your hands.
- Set a large roasting pan over medium-high heat on the stovetop. Melt 1 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoons butter in roasting pan. Add roast and brown on all sides, about 15 minutes total.
- Place potatoes, carrots and remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a bowl; toss to coat. Spoon vegetables all around the roast.
- Place pan in oven and roast for about 1 hour and 45 minutes. While roast is cooking, stir vegetables often.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. If vegetables are not completely tender then return pan to oven while the roast is resting.
- Slice roast and serve with potatoes and carrots.
Treat Mom Like a Queen
Treat mom to a special home cooked meal this Mother's Day. We have a variety of easy and delicious dishes she's sure to love. View Recipes >
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >