For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sirloin Tip Roast with Potatoes and Carrots
Rate this Recipe
A classic comfort food choice for cold winter days.
|4 lb boneless sirloin tip roast|
|2 tablespoons flour|
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|24 baby red potatoes|
|8 carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Pat roast dry with paper towels and then season all over with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle flour over roast, and spread and pat flour all over roast with your hands.
- Set a large roasting pan over medium-high heat on the stovetop. Melt 1 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoons butter in roasting pan. Add roast and brown on all sides, about 15 minutes total.
- Place potatoes, carrots and remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a bowl; toss to coat. Spoon vegetables all around the roast.
- Place pan in oven and roast for about 1 hour and 45 minutes. While roast is cooking, stir vegetables often.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. If vegetables are not completely tender then return pan to oven while the roast is resting.
- Slice roast and serve with potatoes and carrots.
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >