For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sausage and Apple Stuffed Pork Roast
Rate this Recipe
A delicious pork roast that’s sure to make your taste buds sing.
|2 links mild Italian sausage, casing removed|
|1 yellow onion, chopped|
|2 stalks celery, chopped|
|1 granny smith apple, peeled and diced|
|Salt, to taste|
|Fresh ground black pepper, to taste|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 slices white bread|
|2 teaspoons chopped sage|
|2 teaspoons chopped rosemary|
|1 teaspoon chopped thyme|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|3 lb boneless pork loin|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1/2 cup white wine|
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Bring a large pan to medium heat. Once hot, place sausage in and cook until browned. Transfer sausage to a plate, leave liquid in pan. Place onion, celery and apple in the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic to pan and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and add sausage back to pan.
- Pulse together bread, sage, rosemary and thyme in a food processor. Pulse until coarse crumbs are formed.
- In a new pan, melt butter over medium heat. Pour bread crumb mix into pan. Cook for 3 minutes. Stirring frequently to not burn ingredients. Pour breadcrumb mix into the sausage pan. Stir together well.
- Place pork roast on a cutting board to make a jellyroll. Use a sharp knife to slice roast 1/2-inch from the bottom. Carefully cut parallel and begin to roll roast away from knife. Once roast is a long thin sheet, place on a sheet of parchment paper and cover with a second sheet of parchment paper. Use a mallet to pound and tenderize pork. Leave a 1-inch border around the pork. Spoon stuffing into center of pork. Carefully roll up and tie pork with a several pieces of kitchen twine. Make sure roast is secure.
- In another large pan, pour oil in and bring to medium heat. Once hot, add roast and brown on all sides. Transfer to a roasting pan, pour white wine into the bottom of the pan. Place into the oven and bake for 1 hour. Remove roast from oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >