For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sausage and Apple Stuffed Pork Roast
Rate this Recipe
A delicious pork roast that’s sure to make your taste buds sing.
|2 links mild Italian sausage, casing removed|
|1 yellow onion, chopped|
|2 stalks celery, chopped|
|1 granny smith apple, peeled and diced|
|Salt, to taste|
|Fresh ground black pepper, to taste|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 slices white bread|
|2 teaspoons chopped sage|
|2 teaspoons chopped rosemary|
|1 teaspoon chopped thyme|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|3 lb boneless pork loin|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1/2 cup white wine|
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Bring a large pan to medium heat. Once hot, place sausage in and cook until browned. Transfer sausage to a plate, leave liquid in pan. Place onion, celery and apple in the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic to pan and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and add sausage back to pan.
- Pulse together bread, sage, rosemary and thyme in a food processor. Pulse until coarse crumbs are formed.
- In a new pan, melt butter over medium heat. Pour bread crumb mix into pan. Cook for 3 minutes. Stirring frequently to not burn ingredients. Pour breadcrumb mix into the sausage pan. Stir together well.
- Place pork roast on a cutting board to make a jellyroll. Use a sharp knife to slice roast 1/2-inch from the bottom. Carefully cut parallel and begin to roll roast away from knife. Once roast is a long thin sheet, place on a sheet of parchment paper and cover with a second sheet of parchment paper. Use a mallet to pound and tenderize pork. Leave a 1-inch border around the pork. Spoon stuffing into center of pork. Carefully roll up and tie pork with a several pieces of kitchen twine. Make sure roast is secure.
- In another large pan, pour oil in and bring to medium heat. Once hot, add roast and brown on all sides. Transfer to a roasting pan, pour white wine into the bottom of the pan. Place into the oven and bake for 1 hour. Remove roast from oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >