For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Hatch Chile Guacamole
Rate this Recipe
This isn’t your everyday chip dip, it’s better!
|4 hatch chiles|
|2 tablespoons chopped red onion|
|1 tablespoon lime juice|
|3 avocados, pitted and skin removed|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cumin|
|2 tablespoons chopped cilantro|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
- Turn broiler on in your oven. Place oven rack 6-inches from the top. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Arrange hatch chiles on the baking sheet. Place baking sheet in oven and broil for 5-6 minutes. (Chiles should be blacked)
- Transfer chiles to a resealable bag. Seal bag and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Remove chiles from the bag and carefully remove the skins and seeds. Chop chiles up after skin is removed.
- Mash avocado in a mixing bowl. Add red onion, lime juice, cumin, cilantro, salt and chopped chiles to avocado mash. Mix together very well. Cover and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Serve with chips and enjoy.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >