For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Hatch Chile Guacamole
Rate this Recipe
This isn’t your everyday chip dip, it’s better!
|4 hatch chiles|
|2 tablespoons chopped red onion|
|1 tablespoon lime juice|
|3 avocados, pitted and skin removed|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cumin|
|2 tablespoons chopped cilantro|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
- Turn broiler on in your oven. Place oven rack 6-inches from the top. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Arrange hatch chiles on the baking sheet. Place baking sheet in oven and broil for 5-6 minutes. (Chiles should be blacked)
- Transfer chiles to a resealable bag. Seal bag and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Remove chiles from the bag and carefully remove the skins and seeds. Chop chiles up after skin is removed.
- Mash avocado in a mixing bowl. Add red onion, lime juice, cumin, cilantro, salt and chopped chiles to avocado mash. Mix together very well. Cover and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Serve with chips and enjoy.
See Other Recipes Like This
Get Your Grill On!
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
Star Spangled Scrumptious!
Get up and celebrate this 4th of July with some seriously delicious dishes! View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >