For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Rate this Recipe
Bringing the classic comfort food to a new level.
|8 pieces cut up chicken|
|2 cups buttermilk|
|3 cups flour|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste|
|2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper, more to taste|
|1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|Cooking oil, for frying|
- Pour oil into a large skillet, bring to medium-high heat.
- Combine ground black pepper, flour, cayenne and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk and eggs in a separate bowl, whisk until well blended.
- Lightly sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper mixture, then dredge in flour mix.
- Dip floured chicken in buttermilk mix then dredge in flour mix.
- Place chicken in the skillet one at a time. Cook for 2 minutes per side. Repeat until all chicken breasts are cooked.
- Lay chicken on paper towels and drain.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Traditional Irish Recipes for St. Patrick's Day
Enjoy these classic Irish dishes in honor of St. Patrick's Day. There's the traditional Corned Beef & Cabbage, Shepherd's Pie and even Irish Potato Soup. They're hearty, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >