For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Bringing the classic comfort food to a new level.
|8 pieces cut up chicken|
|2 cups buttermilk|
|3 cups flour|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste|
|2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper, more to taste|
|1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|Cooking oil, for frying|
- Pour oil into a large skillet, bring to medium-high heat.
- Combine ground black pepper, flour, cayenne and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk and eggs in a separate bowl, whisk until well blended.
- Lightly sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper mixture, then dredge in flour mix.
- Dip floured chicken in buttermilk mix then dredge in flour mix.
- Place chicken in the skillet one at a time. Cook for 2 minutes per side. Repeat until all chicken breasts are cooked.
- Lay chicken on paper towels and drain.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >