For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Rate this Recipe
Bringing the classic comfort food to a new level.
|8 pieces cut up chicken|
|2 cups buttermilk|
|3 cups flour|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste|
|2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper, more to taste|
|1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|Cooking oil, for frying|
- Pour oil into a large skillet, bring to medium-high heat.
- Combine ground black pepper, flour, cayenne and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk and eggs in a separate bowl, whisk until well blended.
- Lightly sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper mixture, then dredge in flour mix.
- Dip floured chicken in buttermilk mix then dredge in flour mix.
- Place chicken in the skillet one at a time. Cook for 2 minutes per side. Repeat until all chicken breasts are cooked.
- Lay chicken on paper towels and drain.
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >