For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Rate this Recipe
Bringing the classic comfort food to a new level.
|8 pieces cut up chicken|
|2 cups buttermilk|
|3 cups flour|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste|
|2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper, more to taste|
|1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|Cooking oil, for frying|
- Pour oil into a large skillet, bring to medium-high heat.
- Combine ground black pepper, flour, cayenne and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk and eggs in a separate bowl, whisk until well blended.
- Lightly sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper mixture, then dredge in flour mix.
- Dip floured chicken in buttermilk mix then dredge in flour mix.
- Place chicken in the skillet one at a time. Cook for 2 minutes per side. Repeat until all chicken breasts are cooked.
- Lay chicken on paper towels and drain.
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >