For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cherry Chocolate Chippers
Rate this Recipe
A sweet, simple and scrumptious little treat.
|1 cup dark cherries, halved|
|12 oz semisweet chocolate chips|
|2 cups flour|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|1 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|3/4 cup light brown sugar|
|1 teaspoon vanilla|
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat together the butter and sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer until blended, then add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture on low speed until blended well, then mix in the chocolate chips and cherries with a wooden spoon.
- Put level tablespoons of the dough 1-inch apart, on greased baking sheets and bake in batches in the middle of the oven until golden around the edges, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on the sheets for 2 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Mom Like a Queen
Treat mom to a special home cooked meal this Mother's Day. We have a variety of easy and delicious dishes she's sure to love. View Recipes >
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >