For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Bang Bang Shrimp
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A fantastic seafood dish for weeknight dinners.
|3/4 cup half-and-half|
|1 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter|
|1 1/4 teaspoons coconut extract|
|1 tablespoon canola oil|
|2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces|
|1 bag pre-breaded frozen shrimp, 10 oz|
|1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions|
|3/4 teaspoon curry powder, more to taste|
|3/4 teaspoon ground cumin, more to taste|
|3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes|
|2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger|
|1 teaspoon minced garlic|
|1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces, lightly steamed|
|1 1/2 cups carrot slices, cut at a diagonal, lightly steamed|
|2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts|
|3 cups cooked brown rice|
- Start cooking brown rice. Add 3 tablespoons half-and-half and 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter to 1 cup measure and stir until well blended.
- Stir in rest of half-and-half and coconut extract; set aside.
- Heat canola oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken pieces and shrimp and stir-fry until golden and cooked throughout, about 6 minutes.
- Add green onions, curry, cumin and red pepper (if desired) ginger and garlic, and stir-fry a minute or 2 more. Stir in broccoli florets, carrot slices and half-and-half mixture;
- reduce heat to simmer and let cook, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Season with pepper, if desired. Serve shrimp mixture over a small mound of brown rice. Sprinkle each serving with chopped peanuts, if desired.