For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Bang Bang Shrimp
Rate this Recipe
A fantastic seafood dish for weeknight dinners.
|3/4 cup half-and-half|
|1 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter|
|1 1/4 teaspoons coconut extract|
|1 tablespoon canola oil|
|2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces|
|1 bag pre-breaded frozen shrimp, 10 oz|
|1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions|
|3/4 teaspoon curry powder, more to taste|
|3/4 teaspoon ground cumin, more to taste|
|3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes|
|2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger|
|1 teaspoon minced garlic|
|1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces, lightly steamed|
|1 1/2 cups carrot slices, cut at a diagonal, lightly steamed|
|2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts|
|3 cups cooked brown rice|
- Start cooking brown rice. Add 3 tablespoons half-and-half and 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter to 1 cup measure and stir until well blended.
- Stir in rest of half-and-half and coconut extract; set aside.
- Heat canola oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken pieces and shrimp and stir-fry until golden and cooked throughout, about 6 minutes.
- Add green onions, curry, cumin and red pepper (if desired) ginger and garlic, and stir-fry a minute or 2 more. Stir in broccoli florets, carrot slices and half-and-half mixture;
- reduce heat to simmer and let cook, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Season with pepper, if desired. Serve shrimp mixture over a small mound of brown rice. Sprinkle each serving with chopped peanuts, if desired.
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >