For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Bang Bang Shrimp
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A fantastic seafood dish for weeknight dinners.
|3/4 cup half-and-half|
|1 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter|
|1 1/4 teaspoons coconut extract|
|1 tablespoon canola oil|
|2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces|
|1 bag pre-breaded frozen shrimp, 10 oz|
|1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions|
|3/4 teaspoon curry powder, more to taste|
|3/4 teaspoon ground cumin, more to taste|
|3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes|
|2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger|
|1 teaspoon minced garlic|
|1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces, lightly steamed|
|1 1/2 cups carrot slices, cut at a diagonal, lightly steamed|
|2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts|
|3 cups cooked brown rice|
- Start cooking brown rice. Add 3 tablespoons half-and-half and 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter to 1 cup measure and stir until well blended.
- Stir in rest of half-and-half and coconut extract; set aside.
- Heat canola oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken pieces and shrimp and stir-fry until golden and cooked throughout, about 6 minutes.
- Add green onions, curry, cumin and red pepper (if desired) ginger and garlic, and stir-fry a minute or 2 more. Stir in broccoli florets, carrot slices and half-and-half mixture;
- reduce heat to simmer and let cook, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Season with pepper, if desired. Serve shrimp mixture over a small mound of brown rice. Sprinkle each serving with chopped peanuts, if desired.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >