For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Bang Bang Shrimp
Rate this Recipe
A fantastic seafood dish for weeknight dinners.
|3/4 cup half-and-half|
|1 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter|
|1 1/4 teaspoons coconut extract|
|1 tablespoon canola oil|
|2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces|
|1 bag pre-breaded frozen shrimp, 10 oz|
|1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions|
|3/4 teaspoon curry powder, more to taste|
|3/4 teaspoon ground cumin, more to taste|
|3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes|
|2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger|
|1 teaspoon minced garlic|
|1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces, lightly steamed|
|1 1/2 cups carrot slices, cut at a diagonal, lightly steamed|
|2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts|
|3 cups cooked brown rice|
- Start cooking brown rice. Add 3 tablespoons half-and-half and 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter to 1 cup measure and stir until well blended.
- Stir in rest of half-and-half and coconut extract; set aside.
- Heat canola oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken pieces and shrimp and stir-fry until golden and cooked throughout, about 6 minutes.
- Add green onions, curry, cumin and red pepper (if desired) ginger and garlic, and stir-fry a minute or 2 more. Stir in broccoli florets, carrot slices and half-and-half mixture;
- reduce heat to simmer and let cook, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Season with pepper, if desired. Serve shrimp mixture over a small mound of brown rice. Sprinkle each serving with chopped peanuts, if desired.
See Other Recipes Like This
Star Spangled Scrumptious!
Get up and celebrate this 4th of July with some seriously delicious dishes! View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >