For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Creamy and rich with a golden browned cheese crust.
|2 lobsters, 1 1/2 lb. each|
|1 1/2 cups heavy cream|
|1/2 lb gruyere cheese, grated|
|1/8 teaspoon cayenne|
|Salt, to taste|
|1 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/2 lb cremini mushrooms, quartered|
|1 tablespoon finely chopped French parsley|
|Fresh ground black pepper, to taste|
|7 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1/2 teaspoon dry mustard|
|1 cup white wine|
|2 shallots, finely chopped|
|1/4 cup flour|
|2 cups milk|
- Fill a pot with water and add salt, bring to a boil. Once boiling, add lobsters and cook for 5 minutes. Drain water and cut lobster in half, lengthwise. Remove and crack claws. Remove meat from claws and body. Cut lobster meat into chunks. Clean lobster shells and set aside.
- In a separate pot, bring milk to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a pan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Once melted, add flour and stir together. Cook for 2 minutes. Bring pan to medium heat, add milk and whisk together. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg, stir together. Reduce heat to simmer to keep sauce warm.
- Preheat broiler.
- In a skillet, melt remaining 3 tablespoons of butter. Once melted, add shallots and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes. (Mushrooms should soften) Add wine, cook for 4-5 minutes. Stir frequently. Whisk in heavy cream, cayenne, French parsley and warm sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low, cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in dry mustard and 3/4 cup of cheese. Add lobster and coat evenly.
- Arrange lobster shells on a baking sheet. Spoon half of the sauce into lobster shells. Divide lobster meat up evenly into lobster shells. Sprinkle remaining cheese over lobster. Place in oven and broil for 2-3 minutes. Serve with remaining warmed sauce.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >