For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Creamy and rich with a golden browned cheese crust.
|2 lobsters, 1 1/2 lb. each|
|1 1/2 cups heavy cream|
|1/2 lb gruyere cheese, grated|
|1/8 teaspoon cayenne|
|Salt, to taste|
|1 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/2 lb cremini mushrooms, quartered|
|1 tablespoon finely chopped French parsley|
|Fresh ground black pepper, to taste|
|7 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1/2 teaspoon dry mustard|
|1 cup white wine|
|2 shallots, finely chopped|
|1/4 cup flour|
|2 cups milk|
- Fill a pot with water and add salt, bring to a boil. Once boiling, add lobsters and cook for 5 minutes. Drain water and cut lobster in half, lengthwise. Remove and crack claws. Remove meat from claws and body. Cut lobster meat into chunks. Clean lobster shells and set aside.
- In a separate pot, bring milk to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a pan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Once melted, add flour and stir together. Cook for 2 minutes. Bring pan to medium heat, add milk and whisk together. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg, stir together. Reduce heat to simmer to keep sauce warm.
- Preheat broiler.
- In a skillet, melt remaining 3 tablespoons of butter. Once melted, add shallots and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes. (Mushrooms should soften) Add wine, cook for 4-5 minutes. Stir frequently. Whisk in heavy cream, cayenne, French parsley and warm sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low, cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in dry mustard and 3/4 cup of cheese. Add lobster and coat evenly.
- Arrange lobster shells on a baking sheet. Spoon half of the sauce into lobster shells. Divide lobster meat up evenly into lobster shells. Sprinkle remaining cheese over lobster. Place in oven and broil for 2-3 minutes. Serve with remaining warmed sauce.
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >