For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Combining fall flavors and favorites into one dish.
|2 lb Golden Delicious apples|
|1/4 cup brown sugar|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1/8 teaspoon allspice|
|1 teaspoon lemon juice|
|1/2 cup apple cider|
|1/8 teaspoon nutmeg|
|1 tablespoon cornstarch|
- Core, peel and slice apples into 1/4-inch wedges.
- Place butter in a skillet and melt over low heat.
- Place apples in the skillet. Top with brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, lemon juice and nutmeg. Cover skillet and let apples simmer until they are tender. Transfer apples to a mixing bowl. (Leave juices in skillet)
- Whisk together apple cider and cornstarch in a small bowl. (Whisk until they are no clumps) Pour apple cider into skillet, bring to medium heat and stir together very well.
- Pour skillet liquid over apples. Toss to evenly coat and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >