For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Combining fall flavors and favorites into one dish.
|2 lb Golden Delicious apples|
|1/4 cup brown sugar|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1/8 teaspoon allspice|
|1 teaspoon lemon juice|
|1/2 cup apple cider|
|1/8 teaspoon nutmeg|
|1 tablespoon cornstarch|
- Core, peel and slice apples into 1/4-inch wedges.
- Place butter in a skillet and melt over low heat.
- Place apples in the skillet. Top with brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, lemon juice and nutmeg. Cover skillet and let apples simmer until they are tender. Transfer apples to a mixing bowl. (Leave juices in skillet)
- Whisk together apple cider and cornstarch in a small bowl. (Whisk until they are no clumps) Pour apple cider into skillet, bring to medium heat and stir together very well.
- Pour skillet liquid over apples. Toss to evenly coat and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >