For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Combining fall flavors and favorites into one dish.
|2 lb Golden Delicious apples|
|1/4 cup brown sugar|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1/8 teaspoon allspice|
|1 teaspoon lemon juice|
|1/2 cup apple cider|
|1/8 teaspoon nutmeg|
|1 tablespoon cornstarch|
- Core, peel and slice apples into 1/4-inch wedges.
- Place butter in a skillet and melt over low heat.
- Place apples in the skillet. Top with brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, lemon juice and nutmeg. Cover skillet and let apples simmer until they are tender. Transfer apples to a mixing bowl. (Leave juices in skillet)
- Whisk together apple cider and cornstarch in a small bowl. (Whisk until they are no clumps) Pour apple cider into skillet, bring to medium heat and stir together very well.
- Pour skillet liquid over apples. Toss to evenly coat and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >