For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Bottom Round Roast with Vegetables
Rate this Recipe
|3 lb boneless bottom round roast|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|1/4 cup vegetable oil|
|2 yellow onions, peeled, quartered|
|1 tablespoon tomato paste|
|2 cloves garlic, mashed|
|1 large fresh thyme sprig|
|1 large bay leaf|
|2 cups beef stock|
|1 cup red wine|
|3 large carrots, peeled, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Fresh parsley leaves, chopped, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season roast on all sides with salt and black pepper.
- Set a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil and heat, then add roast to pan. Sear roast on all sides. Add onions and tomato paste to Dutch oven and cook until just barely colored. Add garlic to Dutch oven and cook for 45 seconds. Add thyme, bay leaf, stock and wine to Dutch oven. Bring liquid to a simmer, cover then place pot in oven. Roast 1&1/2 hours.
- Add carrots to Dutch oven then continue roasting for 1 hour more.
- Remove pot from oven then transfer roast to a cutting board. Let roast rest for 15 minutes before slicing and placing on a serving platter. Garnish roast with parsley leaves.
- Skim fat off liquid in Dutch oven and serve liquid with roast.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >