For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Bottom Round Roast with Vegetables
Rate this Recipe
|3 lb boneless bottom round roast|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|1/4 cup vegetable oil|
|2 yellow onions, peeled, quartered|
|1 tablespoon tomato paste|
|2 cloves garlic, mashed|
|1 large fresh thyme sprig|
|1 large bay leaf|
|2 cups beef stock|
|1 cup red wine|
|3 large carrots, peeled, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Fresh parsley leaves, chopped, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season roast on all sides with salt and black pepper.
- Set a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil and heat, then add roast to pan. Sear roast on all sides. Add onions and tomato paste to Dutch oven and cook until just barely colored. Add garlic to Dutch oven and cook for 45 seconds. Add thyme, bay leaf, stock and wine to Dutch oven. Bring liquid to a simmer, cover then place pot in oven. Roast 1&1/2 hours.
- Add carrots to Dutch oven then continue roasting for 1 hour more.
- Remove pot from oven then transfer roast to a cutting board. Let roast rest for 15 minutes before slicing and placing on a serving platter. Garnish roast with parsley leaves.
- Skim fat off liquid in Dutch oven and serve liquid with roast.
Get Your Grill On!
Star Spangled Scrumptious!
Get up and celebrate this 4th of July with some seriously delicious dishes! View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >