For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
A cake unlike any other!
|1 cup flour|
|1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1/4 teaspoon baking powder|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|2 egg whites|
|1 large egg|
|1/2 cup buttermilk|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1 1/3 cups sugar|
|1/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves|
|2 cups marshmallow creme topping|
|1/8 teaspoon baking soda|
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray an 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg whites and egg. Whisk buttermilk into egg mixture.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together margarine and sugar until fluffy. Add egg mixture and raspberry preserves, beat until smooth. At low speed, beat in flour mixture. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Place on wire rack to cool.
- Slice cake in half horizontally. Place 1 layer on a plate. Spread with marshmallow topping. Top with remaining layer. Spread remaining marshmallow topping on top and sides of cake. Chill until ready to serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >