For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Paleo Crab Cakes
Rate this Recipe
A healthier way to enjoy this classic seafood dish.
|1/2 teaspoon sea salt|
|2 pastured eggs|
|1 lb. crab meat, cooked|
|1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning|
|3 tablespoons paleo mayonnaise|
|2 tablespoons avocado oil, or coconut oil|
|2 tablespoons chopped parsley|
|3 tablespoons coconut flour|
|1 cup cauliflower florets, steamed|
|Lemon wedges, for garnish|
- Place cauliflower into a mixing bowl. Gently break into smaller pieces. Add parsley and crab meat to cauliflower. Gently fold ingredients together.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and eggs with sea salt and Old Bay seasoning. Pour seasoning over crab mixture. Gently fold together.
- Sift coconut flour over crab mixture. Fold together until crab is evenly coated.
- Place crab in the refrigerator and let chill for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Form crab into eight patties.
- Pour avocado oil in a cast iron pan. Bring to medium-high heat. Once hot, add crab cakes. Cook for about 3 minutes and flip. (Crab cakes should be golden brown)
- Arrange crab cakes on a baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve with paleo mayonnaise and lemon wedges.
Enjoy the Oscars with these supremely delicious dishes!
Oscar buzz is in the air. In order to properly honor the occasion, we have a few suggestions on what to serve your guests. Movie themed foods that pay tribute to the nominees. View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
There's nothing quite like hot food on a cold day. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. View Recipes >