For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Paleo Crab Cakes
Rate this Recipe
A healthier way to enjoy this classic seafood dish.
|1/2 teaspoon sea salt|
|2 pastured eggs|
|1 lb. crab meat, cooked|
|1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning|
|3 tablespoons paleo mayonnaise|
|2 tablespoons avocado oil, or coconut oil|
|2 tablespoons chopped parsley|
|3 tablespoons coconut flour|
|1 cup cauliflower florets, steamed|
|Lemon wedges, for garnish|
- Place cauliflower into a mixing bowl. Gently break into smaller pieces. Add parsley and crab meat to cauliflower. Gently fold ingredients together.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and eggs with sea salt and Old Bay seasoning. Pour seasoning over crab mixture. Gently fold together.
- Sift coconut flour over crab mixture. Fold together until crab is evenly coated.
- Place crab in the refrigerator and let chill for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Form crab into eight patties.
- Pour avocado oil in a cast iron pan. Bring to medium-high heat. Once hot, add crab cakes. Cook for about 3 minutes and flip. (Crab cakes should be golden brown)
- Arrange crab cakes on a baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve with paleo mayonnaise and lemon wedges.
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >