For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Tangerine Glazed Ham
Rate this Recipe
Recipe #822 | Serves 8-10
|12 lb Kurobuta ham|
|2 -25 whole cloves|
|1/2 cup Dijon mustard|
|1 cup brown sugar|
|4 shallots, minced|
|1 onion, diced|
|2 tbsp olive oil|
|1 cup Madeira wine|
|2 cups Heaven and Earth Tangerine Sauce|
|1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate|
|1/2 cup brown sugar|
|1 tbsp ground cinnamon|
- Remove Kurobuta ham from the refrigerator at least 45 minutes prior to cooking and bring to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Remove the ham from the wrappings.
- Place the ham in a roasting pan. Cut cross hatch over ham and spike with cloves in the crossed point of each diamond. Rub mustard over ham and sprinkle top with brown sugar then cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Cook in the oven for approximately 12-15 minutes per pound. Cooking times vary with size and temperature of ham. (Approximate cooking times are 5 hours for a whole ham and 2.5 to 3 hours for half a ham).
- Meanwhile, make the Heaven and Earth Tangerine Glaze. In pan sauté shallots and onion in olive oil for 5 to 7 minutes. Add wine, tangerine sauce, orange juice concentrate, brown sugar and cinnamon; cook on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the glaze into the bottom of the roasting pan as soon as you are done making it. Baste every the ham with the glaze every 30-45 minutes until the center of the ham reaches 135 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Allow the ham to rest tented with foil for an additional 15-30 minutes.
- Carve and serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >