For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Paleo Twice Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
Rate this Recipe
A healthier way to enjoy your favorite side dish.
|Sea salt, (to taste)|
|2 sweet potatoes|
|4 cloves garlic, (minced)|
|1 sweet onions, (diced)|
|Black pepper, (to taste)|
|4 slices bacon|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Poke sweet potatoes with a knife a few times. Place potatoes on oven rack. Cook for 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Heat a large skillet. Once hot, fry bacon until crispy. Transfer bacon to paper towels. When cool, cut into small pieces.
- Toss garlic and onions to skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes. (Onions should be translucent) Transfer to a small bowl.
- Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise and scoop out each sweet potato. (Set skins aside) Mash sweet potatoes in the skillet. Cook for a few minutes to warm and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle half the bacon and stir together.
- Transfer sweet potatoes to parchment lined baking sheet. Spoon equal amount of mashed sweet potatoes back into sweet potato skins. Make a divot in middle of each sweet potato. Break egg over sweet potatoes, sprinkle remaining bacon over top.
- Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes. (Or until yolk is set)
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >