For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Paleo Twice Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
Rate this Recipe
A healthier way to enjoy your favorite side dish.
|Sea salt, (to taste)|
|2 sweet potatoes|
|4 cloves garlic, (minced)|
|1 sweet onions, (diced)|
|Black pepper, (to taste)|
|4 slices bacon|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Poke sweet potatoes with a knife a few times. Place potatoes on oven rack. Cook for 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Heat a large skillet. Once hot, fry bacon until crispy. Transfer bacon to paper towels. When cool, cut into small pieces.
- Toss garlic and onions to skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes. (Onions should be translucent) Transfer to a small bowl.
- Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise and scoop out each sweet potato. (Set skins aside) Mash sweet potatoes in the skillet. Cook for a few minutes to warm and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle half the bacon and stir together.
- Transfer sweet potatoes to parchment lined baking sheet. Spoon equal amount of mashed sweet potatoes back into sweet potato skins. Make a divot in middle of each sweet potato. Break egg over sweet potatoes, sprinkle remaining bacon over top.
- Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes. (Or until yolk is set)
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >