For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Paleo Twice Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
Rate this Recipe
A healthier way to enjoy your favorite side dish.
|Sea salt, (to taste)|
|2 sweet potatoes|
|4 cloves garlic, (minced)|
|1 sweet onions, (diced)|
|Black pepper, (to taste)|
|4 slices bacon|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Poke sweet potatoes with a knife a few times. Place potatoes on oven rack. Cook for 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Heat a large skillet. Once hot, fry bacon until crispy. Transfer bacon to paper towels. When cool, cut into small pieces.
- Toss garlic and onions to skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes. (Onions should be translucent) Transfer to a small bowl.
- Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise and scoop out each sweet potato. (Set skins aside) Mash sweet potatoes in the skillet. Cook for a few minutes to warm and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle half the bacon and stir together.
- Transfer sweet potatoes to parchment lined baking sheet. Spoon equal amount of mashed sweet potatoes back into sweet potato skins. Make a divot in middle of each sweet potato. Break egg over sweet potatoes, sprinkle remaining bacon over top.
- Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes. (Or until yolk is set)
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >