For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Orange Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches
Rate this Recipe
These sandwiches are bursting with flavor!
|1 tablespoon olive oil, plus some for drizzling|
|1 yellow onion, chopped|
|3 chipotle peppers, in adobo sauce|
|1/2 cup ketchup|
|1/4 cup orange juice|
|1 orange, zested and cut into wedges, for garnish|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|Vegetable oil, for drizzling|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
|Romaine lettuce, for garnish|
|Sliced red onions, for garnish|
|4 crusty rolls, split, toasted and buttered|
- Preheat a grill pan or griddle pan over medium high heat.
- Heat a small saucepan over moderate heat. Add oil and onion. Saute onion in oil for 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are soft. Combine chipotle peppers in adobo, ketchup, orange juice, orange zest and chicken broth in a blender. Blend on high until sauce is smooth. Pour sauce into saucepan with onion and heat to a bubble. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Coat chicken lightly with a drizzle of vegetable oil and season breasts with salt and pepper. Grill 5 to 6 minutes on the first side, turn.
- Transfer 1/2 of the sauce to a small bowl and baste chicken liberally with it. Turn chicken after 4 minutes, coat with sauce again and cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slice chicken breast and place on bottom buns. Spoon remaining sauce from saucepan over the sliced chicken. Top chicken with lettuce and red onions. Enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >