For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Jalapeno Chicken Popper Soup
Rate this Recipe
Two delicious appetizers in one!
|4 cups chicken broth|
|4 oz cream cheese|
|4 slices bacon|
|2 cloves garlic, (chopped)|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|1 cup corn|
|1 cup shredded cheddar cheese|
|1 can white beans|
|4 jalapeno peppers, (diced)|
|Ground pepper, (to taste)|
|1 onion, (diced)|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|2 cups shredded cooked chicken|
- Cook bacon in a large pan. Cook until crispy. Remove from pan and let drain on paper towels. Once cooled, chop into small pieces.
- Pour vegetable oil into a separate pan. Bring to medium heat. Once hot, add jalapeno peppers and onion. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic to pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add bacon, beans, chicken broth and shredded chicken. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir often and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cream cheese, corn, and cheddar cheese to pan. Stir ingredients together until cheese has melted.
- Spoon into bowls and enjoy!
|Course:||Soup, lunch, dinner|
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >