For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Jalapeno Chicken Popper Soup
Rate this Recipe
Two delicious appetizers in one!
|4 cups chicken broth|
|4 oz cream cheese|
|4 slices bacon|
|2 cloves garlic, (chopped)|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|1 cup corn|
|1 cup shredded cheddar cheese|
|1 can white beans|
|4 jalapeno peppers, (diced)|
|Ground pepper, (to taste)|
|1 onion, (diced)|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|2 cups shredded cooked chicken|
- Cook bacon in a large pan. Cook until crispy. Remove from pan and let drain on paper towels. Once cooled, chop into small pieces.
- Pour vegetable oil into a separate pan. Bring to medium heat. Once hot, add jalapeno peppers and onion. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic to pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add bacon, beans, chicken broth and shredded chicken. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir often and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cream cheese, corn, and cheddar cheese to pan. Stir ingredients together until cheese has melted.
- Spoon into bowls and enjoy!
|Course:||Soup, lunch, dinner|
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >