For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Jalapeno Chicken Popper Soup
Rate this Recipe
Two delicious appetizers in one!
|4 cups chicken broth|
|4 oz cream cheese|
|4 slices bacon|
|2 cloves garlic, (chopped)|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|1 cup corn|
|1 cup shredded cheddar cheese|
|1 can white beans|
|4 jalapeno peppers, (diced)|
|Ground pepper, (to taste)|
|1 onion, (diced)|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|2 cups shredded cooked chicken|
- Cook bacon in a large pan. Cook until crispy. Remove from pan and let drain on paper towels. Once cooled, chop into small pieces.
- Pour vegetable oil into a separate pan. Bring to medium heat. Once hot, add jalapeno peppers and onion. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic to pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add bacon, beans, chicken broth and shredded chicken. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir often and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cream cheese, corn, and cheddar cheese to pan. Stir ingredients together until cheese has melted.
- Spoon into bowls and enjoy!
|Course:||Soup, lunch, dinner|
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >