For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Jalapeno Chicken Popper Soup
Rate this Recipe
Two delicious appetizers in one!
|4 cups chicken broth|
|4 oz cream cheese|
|4 slices bacon|
|2 cloves garlic, (chopped)|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|1 cup corn|
|1 cup shredded cheddar cheese|
|1 can white beans|
|4 jalapeno peppers, (diced)|
|Ground pepper, (to taste)|
|1 onion, (diced)|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|2 cups shredded cooked chicken|
- Cook bacon in a large pan. Cook until crispy. Remove from pan and let drain on paper towels. Once cooled, chop into small pieces.
- Pour vegetable oil into a separate pan. Bring to medium heat. Once hot, add jalapeno peppers and onion. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic to pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add bacon, beans, chicken broth and shredded chicken. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir often and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cream cheese, corn, and cheddar cheese to pan. Stir ingredients together until cheese has melted.
- Spoon into bowls and enjoy!
|Course:||Soup, lunch, dinner|
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Mom Like a Queen
Treat mom to a special home cooked meal this Mother's Day. We have a variety of easy and delicious dishes she's sure to love. View Recipes >
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >