For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Thick Cut Mustard Marinated Pork Chops with Caramelized Red Onions
Rate this Recipe
|4 thick cut pork chops|
|1/4 cup olive oil, (more for frying)|
|3 tablespoons Dijon mustard|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|Ground black pepper, (to taste)|
|Fresh thyme sprigs|
|1 red onion, (chopped)|
|2 tablespoons honey|
|1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar|
- Place pork chops in a resealable bag with olive oil, mustard, salt, pepper and thyme. Let marinate 1 hour or up to overnight in the refrigerator. Bring pork chops to room temperature before cooking.
- Bring a large pan to medium heat. Once hot, cook pork chops for 5 minutes per side. (They should be nicely browned)
- Pour olive oil into a separate pan and bring to medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 4 minutes.
- Drizzle onions with honey and balsamic vinegar and cook for 15 minutes. (Should be softened and lightly caramelized) Sprinkle onions with salt and pepper.
- Serve onions with pork chops.
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >