For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Thick Cut Mustard Marinated Pork Chops with Caramelized Red Onions
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
|4 thick cut pork chops|
|1/4 cup olive oil, (more for frying)|
|3 tablespoons Dijon mustard|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|Ground black pepper, (to taste)|
|Fresh thyme sprigs|
|1 red onion, (chopped)|
|2 tablespoons honey|
|1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar|
- Place pork chops in a resealable bag with olive oil, mustard, salt, pepper and thyme. Let marinate 1 hour or up to overnight in the refrigerator. Bring pork chops to room temperature before cooking.
- Bring a large pan to medium heat. Once hot, cook pork chops for 5 minutes per side. (They should be nicely browned)
- Pour olive oil into a separate pan and bring to medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 4 minutes.
- Drizzle onions with honey and balsamic vinegar and cook for 15 minutes. (Should be softened and lightly caramelized) Sprinkle onions with salt and pepper.
- Serve onions with pork chops.
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >