For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Thick Cut Mustard Marinated Pork Chops with Caramelized Red Onions
Rate this Recipe
|4 thick cut pork chops|
|1/4 cup olive oil, (more for frying)|
|3 tablespoons Dijon mustard|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|Ground black pepper, (to taste)|
|Fresh thyme sprigs|
|1 red onion, (chopped)|
|2 tablespoons honey|
|1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar|
- Place pork chops in a resealable bag with olive oil, mustard, salt, pepper and thyme. Let marinate 1 hour or up to overnight in the refrigerator. Bring pork chops to room temperature before cooking.
- Bring a large pan to medium heat. Once hot, cook pork chops for 5 minutes per side. (They should be nicely browned)
- Pour olive oil into a separate pan and bring to medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 4 minutes.
- Drizzle onions with honey and balsamic vinegar and cook for 15 minutes. (Should be softened and lightly caramelized) Sprinkle onions with salt and pepper.
- Serve onions with pork chops.
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Traditional Irish Recipes for St. Patrick's Day
Enjoy these classic Irish dishes in honor of St. Patrick's Day. There's the traditional Corned Beef & Cabbage, Shepherd's Pie and even Irish Potato Soup. They're hearty, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >