For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Thick Cut Mustard Marinated Pork Chops with Caramelized Red Onions
Rate this Recipe
|4 thick cut pork chops|
|1/4 cup olive oil, (more for frying)|
|3 tablespoons Dijon mustard|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|Ground black pepper, (to taste)|
|Fresh thyme sprigs|
|1 red onion, (chopped)|
|2 tablespoons honey|
|1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar|
- Place pork chops in a resealable bag with olive oil, mustard, salt, pepper and thyme. Let marinate 1 hour or up to overnight in the refrigerator. Bring pork chops to room temperature before cooking.
- Bring a large pan to medium heat. Once hot, cook pork chops for 5 minutes per side. (They should be nicely browned)
- Pour olive oil into a separate pan and bring to medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 4 minutes.
- Drizzle onions with honey and balsamic vinegar and cook for 15 minutes. (Should be softened and lightly caramelized) Sprinkle onions with salt and pepper.
- Serve onions with pork chops.
Enjoy the Oscars with these supremely delicious dishes!
Oscar buzz is in the air. In order to properly honor the occasion, we have a few suggestions on what to serve your guests. Movie themed foods that pay tribute to the nominees. View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
There's nothing quite like hot food on a cold day. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. View Recipes >