For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Thick Cut Mustard Marinated Pork Chops with Caramelized Red Onions
Rate this Recipe
|4 thick cut pork chops|
|1/4 cup olive oil, (more for frying)|
|3 tablespoons Dijon mustard|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|Ground black pepper, (to taste)|
|Fresh thyme sprigs|
|1 red onion, (chopped)|
|2 tablespoons honey|
|1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar|
- Place pork chops in a resealable bag with olive oil, mustard, salt, pepper and thyme. Let marinate 1 hour or up to overnight in the refrigerator. Bring pork chops to room temperature before cooking.
- Bring a large pan to medium heat. Once hot, cook pork chops for 5 minutes per side. (They should be nicely browned)
- Pour olive oil into a separate pan and bring to medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 4 minutes.
- Drizzle onions with honey and balsamic vinegar and cook for 15 minutes. (Should be softened and lightly caramelized) Sprinkle onions with salt and pepper.
- Serve onions with pork chops.
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >