For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Vegan Strawberry Chocolate Chip Scones
Rate this Recipe
Buttery, Crisp and Full of Flavor
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 cup sliced almonds|
|1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar|
|1 cup whole wheat pastry flour|
|1/3 cup cane sugar|
|1 teaspoon almond extract|
|1/4 cup vegan mini chocolate chips|
|1 tablespoon chia seeds, (mixed with 3 tablespoons warm water)|
|1 cup flour, (more for flouring work surface)|
|1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk|
|1/2 cup chopped strawberries|
|8 tablespoon vegan butter spread|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together apple cider vinegar and almond milk in a mixing bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine salt, wheat pastry flour, cane sugar, flour, butter spread and baking powder. Work together with hands.
- Pour almond extract, chia seeds and milk/apple cider mix into dough. Use low setting on beater to combine until well incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips, strawberries and almonds.
- Flour a working surface and form dough into a ball. Flatten dough ball into a 12-inch circle. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Arrange scones on parchment paper. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. (Scones should be golden brown on top)