For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Vegan Strawberry Chocolate Chip Scones
Rate this Recipe
Buttery, Crisp and Full of Flavor
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 cup sliced almonds|
|1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar|
|1 cup whole wheat pastry flour|
|1/3 cup cane sugar|
|1 teaspoon almond extract|
|1/4 cup vegan mini chocolate chips|
|1 tablespoon chia seeds, (mixed with 3 tablespoons warm water)|
|1 cup flour, (more for flouring work surface)|
|1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk|
|1/2 cup chopped strawberries|
|8 tablespoon vegan butter spread|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together apple cider vinegar and almond milk in a mixing bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine salt, wheat pastry flour, cane sugar, flour, butter spread and baking powder. Work together with hands.
- Pour almond extract, chia seeds and milk/apple cider mix into dough. Use low setting on beater to combine until well incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips, strawberries and almonds.
- Flour a working surface and form dough into a ball. Flatten dough ball into a 12-inch circle. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Arrange scones on parchment paper. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. (Scones should be golden brown on top)
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >