For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Vegan Strawberry Chocolate Chip Scones
Rate this Recipe
Buttery, Crisp and Full of Flavor
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 cup sliced almonds|
|1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar|
|1 cup whole wheat pastry flour|
|1/3 cup cane sugar|
|1 teaspoon almond extract|
|1/4 cup vegan mini chocolate chips|
|1 tablespoon chia seeds, (mixed with 3 tablespoons warm water)|
|1 cup flour, (more for flouring work surface)|
|1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk|
|1/2 cup chopped strawberries|
|8 tablespoon vegan butter spread|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together apple cider vinegar and almond milk in a mixing bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine salt, wheat pastry flour, cane sugar, flour, butter spread and baking powder. Work together with hands.
- Pour almond extract, chia seeds and milk/apple cider mix into dough. Use low setting on beater to combine until well incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips, strawberries and almonds.
- Flour a working surface and form dough into a ball. Flatten dough ball into a 12-inch circle. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Arrange scones on parchment paper. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. (Scones should be golden brown on top)
See Other Recipes Like This
Enjoy the Oscars with these supremely delicious dishes!
Oscar buzz is in the air. In order to properly honor the occasion, we have a few suggestions on what to serve your guests. Movie themed foods that pay tribute to the nominees. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >