For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Rate this Recipe
This sandwich is defiantly worth the wait.
|1 tablespoons chili powder|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|2 cups barbecue sauce|
|2 yellow onions, (sliced thin)|
|1 tablespoon kosher salt, (more for taste)|
|5 lb boneless pork loin roast|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cumin|
|4 cloves garlic, (sliced thin)|
|1 tablespoon brown sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|Hamburger buns, (for serving)|
- Place garlic cloves and yellow onions in the slow cooker, pour in chicken stock.
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, kosher salt, ground cumin, brown sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Rub dry mixture over the pork shoulder. Evenly coat. Place pork roast into the slow cooker, cover and cook for 6 hours on high or 10 hours on low.
- Remove pork from slow cooker, strain liquid from slow cooker into a bowl. Set liquids aside.
- Shred pork with two forks. Return shredded pork to slow cooker, pour barbecue sauce over top. Stir together.
- Spoon shredded pork onto buns and enjoy!