For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pork Shoulder Roast with Pomegranates
Rate this Recipe
Seasoned to perfection with a hint of sweetness.
|2 teaspoons raw sugar|
|2 teaspoons minced garlic|
|Ground black pepper, (to taste)|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|Kosher salt, (to taste)|
|3 lb bone-in pork shoulder|
|2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar|
|1/2 cup water|
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Rub pork shoulder with minced garlic. Coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Place pork shoulder in roasting pan and place in the oven. Cook for 1 hour.
- As pork is roasting, roll pomegranates on countertop. Cut small section of top off each pomegranate and then soak in water for 10 minutes. Break open pomegranates in water. (Arils will fall to bottom) Empty water and discard all but pomegranate arils.
- Place pomegranate arils in a pot and pour in water. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat. After boiling, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes. (Stir arils occasionally) Strain arils and gently press to extract juices. Reserve a small amount of arils for garnish.
- Pour pomegranate liquid in a saucepan, bring to medium heat. Once liquid is reduced, add raw sugar, balsamic vinegar and ground cinnamon and stir together well. Remove from heat
- Remove pork form oven and baste with pomegranate mixture from sauce pan. Place back in oven and roast for an additional 1 1/2 hours.
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >