For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Slow Cooker Stuffing
Rate this Recipe
Sometimes the best foods take a little extra time.
|1 onion, (chopped)|
|3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 lb sandwich bread, (torn into small bits)|
|1 teaspoon dried sage|
|1/2 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1 1/2 cups chicken broth|
|3/4 cups chopped celery ribs|
|8 oz breakfast sausage, (casing removed)|
|3 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1 teaspoon dried thyme|
|1 tablespoon cooking oil|
- Preheat oven to 300° F. Arrange bread on baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Pour cooking oil in a skillet. Heat to medium-high.
- Add sausage and cook until browned. Break sausage into small chunks. Drain oil and add bread. Stir together. Transfer to a bowl.
- Use the same skillet and reduce heat to medium. Add butter and melt. Add celery, thyme, chopped onions and sage. Saute ingredients together.
- Pour in 1/3 cup chicken broth. Stir together and bring to a boil. After boiling, remove skillet from heat and pour over bread mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, salt, remaining broth and pepper. Pour mixture over stuffing and toss together until well combined.
- Transfer stuffing to slow cooker. Cover and cook for 4 hours on low heat.
See Other Recipes Like This
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >