For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Vegan Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese
Rate this Recipe
A lighter, creamier and richer version of the classic dish, that’s healthier.
|1 tablespoon lemon juice|
|1/4 teaspoon turmeric|
|1 cup unsweetened coconut milk|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt, more for boiling water|
|1 lb elbow macaroni|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 teaspoon onion powder|
|1 clove garlic|
|1/2 tablespoon soy sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon chili powder|
|1 head cauliflower, florets only|
|1/4 cup nutritional yeast|
|Water, for boiling|
- Fill a large pot with water. Add salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta and cook according to directions. Drain water and return to pot.
- Break apart cauliflower florets and place in a steamer. Steam for 10 minutes then transfer to a blender.
- Add lemon juice, turmeric, coconut milk, salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic, soy sauce, chili powder and yeast to blender. Blend on high until ingredients reach a creamy, smooth consistency.
- Pour half the sauce into the pot. Stir sauce and pasta together very well.
- Spoon macaroni and cheese into serving bowls. Pour remaining sauce over top and enjoy.
|Course:||Dinner, lunch, snack|
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
What to do with all that turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce?
Here's a few ideas that might help solve the Thanksgiving leftover dilemma. There's a lot you can do with turkey: sandwiches, wraps, tacos. But what can you do with stuffing and cranberry sauce? How about make a sandwich unlike any other. A little bit sweet, a little filling, a whole lotta goodness from the first bite to the last. How about a hearty soup or an everything casserole. View Recipes >