For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Vegan Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese
Rate this Recipe
A lighter, creamier and richer version of the classic dish, that’s healthier.
|1 tablespoon lemon juice|
|1/4 teaspoon turmeric|
|1 cup unsweetened coconut milk|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt, (more for boiling water)|
|1 lb elbow macaroni|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 teaspoon onion powder|
|1 clove garlic|
|1/2 tablespoon soy sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon chili powder|
|1 head cauliflower, (florets only)|
|1/4 cup nutritional yeast|
|Water, (for boiling)|
- Fill a large pot with water. Add salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta and cook according to directions. Drain water and return to pot.
- Break apart cauliflower florets and place in a steamer. Steam for 10 minutes then transfer to a blender.
- Add lemon juice, turmeric, coconut milk, salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic, soy sauce, chili powder and yeast to blender. Blend on high until ingredients reach a creamy, smooth consistency.
- Pour half the sauce into the pot. Stir sauce and pasta together very well.
- Spoon macaroni and cheese into serving bowls. Pour remaining sauce over top and enjoy.
|Course:||Dinner, lunch, snack|
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >