For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Vegan Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese
Rate this Recipe
A lighter, creamier and richer version of the classic dish, that’s healthier.
|1 tablespoon lemon juice|
|1/4 teaspoon turmeric|
|1 cup unsweetened coconut milk|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt, (more for boiling water)|
|1 lb elbow macaroni|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 teaspoon onion powder|
|1 clove garlic|
|1/2 tablespoon soy sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon chili powder|
|1 head cauliflower, (florets only)|
|1/4 cup nutritional yeast|
|Water, (for boiling)|
- Fill a large pot with water. Add salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta and cook according to directions. Drain water and return to pot.
- Break apart cauliflower florets and place in a steamer. Steam for 10 minutes then transfer to a blender.
- Add lemon juice, turmeric, coconut milk, salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic, soy sauce, chili powder and yeast to blender. Blend on high until ingredients reach a creamy, smooth consistency.
- Pour half the sauce into the pot. Stir sauce and pasta together very well.
- Spoon macaroni and cheese into serving bowls. Pour remaining sauce over top and enjoy.
|Course:||Dinner, lunch, snack|
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >