For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Moroccan Style Vegan Stew
Rate this Recipe
A rich and hearty meal that’s very healthy.
|1 yellow bell pepper, (stemmed and chopped)|
|3 dates, (pitted and chopped)|
|2 cups cooked chickpeas|
|Crushed chili flakes|
|1/2 cup coconut oil|
|2 sweet potatoes, (peeled and chopped)|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|2 cloves garlic, (minced)|
|1 teaspoon cumin|
|3 cups vegetable stock|
|2 carrots, (chopped)|
|Ground black pepper, (to taste)|
|2 teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|1 can crushed tomatoes|
|1 onion, (diced small)|
|1 teaspoon ground coriander|
- Pour coconut oil into large pot. Heat to medium. Once hot, add onions and reduce heat. Cook until onion is soft,
- Add chili flakes, cumin and coriander to pot and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for additional minute.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, dates and sweet potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and stir ingredients together.
- Pour in vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and yellow bell pepper, season with salt and pepper and stir together. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Spoon stew into serving bowls and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >