For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cheddar Jalapeno Scones
Rate this Recipe
Cheesy, spicy and oh so delicious!
|1 1/2 sticks butter, (cut into small cubes)|
|1/2 cup sliced jalapenos, (from jar)|
|3 1/2 cups flour, (more for working surface)|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1/3 lb sharp cheddar cheese, (cut into small cubes)|
|1 tablespoon jalapeno juice, (from jar)|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift together salt, flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add a few butter cubes at a time and mix together. Continue until all butter is used. (Mixture will resemble coarse crumbs)
- Add jalapenos and cheese cubes to mixture. Mix together well.
- In a separate bowl, combine jalapeno juice, cream, egg and milk. Pour milk mixture over the cheesy mixture. Stir together.
- Flour a working surface, turn dough out onto surface and knead with hands. Work dough into a rectangle shape and sprinkle flour over top. Roll dough into a 8 inch by 16 inch rectangle. Cut dough into 15 squares and then cut each square diagonally into 30 triangles.
- Arrange triangles on baking sheet. Place in oven and bake for 14-17 minutes. (Until triangles are golden)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool then enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >