For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cheddar Jalapeno Scones
Rate this Recipe
Cheesy, spicy and oh so delicious!
|1 1/2 sticks butter, (cut into small cubes)|
|1/2 cup sliced jalapenos, (from jar)|
|3 1/2 cups flour, (more for working surface)|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1/3 lb sharp cheddar cheese, (cut into small cubes)|
|1 tablespoon jalapeno juice, (from jar)|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift together salt, flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add a few butter cubes at a time and mix together. Continue until all butter is used. (Mixture will resemble coarse crumbs)
- Add jalapenos and cheese cubes to mixture. Mix together well.
- In a separate bowl, combine jalapeno juice, cream, egg and milk. Pour milk mixture over the cheesy mixture. Stir together.
- Flour a working surface, turn dough out onto surface and knead with hands. Work dough into a rectangle shape and sprinkle flour over top. Roll dough into a 8 inch by 16 inch rectangle. Cut dough into 15 squares and then cut each square diagonally into 30 triangles.
- Arrange triangles on baking sheet. Place in oven and bake for 14-17 minutes. (Until triangles are golden)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool then enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >