For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Diabetic-Friendly Apple Pie
Rate this Recipe
Serves 1 pie
So simple, so sweet and so easy to make!
|1 can unsweetened apple juice concentrate, (thawed)|
|2 pre-made pie shells|
|1 tablespoon ground cinnamon|
|6 cups sliced Fuji apples|
|3 tablespoons cornstarch|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine 1/3 cup apple juice concentrate, cinnamon and cornstarch in a mixing bowl.
- Pour remaining apple juice concentrate in a saucepan. Add apples and simmer for 10 minutes. Once apples are tender, add cornstarch mixture. Continue to simmer and stir until thickened.
- Place 1 pie shell in pie pan. Press in gently.
- Spoon apple mixture into pie shell. Cover with second pie shell, flute edges and cut vents into top.
- Place pie in oven, bake for 45 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >