For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Homemade Pretzel Sticks
Rate this Recipe
Ditch the store bought variety for these tasty nibbles.
|1 packet dry yeast|
|1 3/4 cups warm water|
|Egg wash, (1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water)|
|1 tablespoon sugar|
|Water, (for boiling)|
|2 teaspoons kosher salt|
|4 1/2 cups flour|
|Sea salt, (for topping)|
- In a standing mixer, combine yeast, warm water, sugar and kosher salt. Stir ingredients together gently with a spoon for 15 seconds. Let sit for 5 minutes. (Ingredients should foam up) Once foamy, add flour to mixture and mix with dough hook.
- Remove dough from bowl and knead for 6 minutes.
- Pour small amount of vegetable oil in a mixing bowl. Coat bowl evenly. Place dough in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place bowl in warm area and let rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brush four baking sheets with vegetable oil.
- Fill a large pot half way with water. Bring to a boil.
- Cut dough into eight equal pieces. Then cut each dough section into 4 pieces. Roll into 14-inch sticks. (32 sticks total)
- Place 6 sticks into boil water. Cook for 30 seconds. Place on baking sheet.
- Brush each pretzel stick with egg wash and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place baking sheets into oven and bake for 50 minutes.
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >