For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Combining two delicious dishes into one.
|1 lb cooked bratwurst|
|2 potatoes, peeled and chopped into medium pieces|
|2 cups water|
|1 head cabbage, cut into 3 inch pieces|
|1 cup carrots, chopped|
|3 cups milk|
|3 tablespoons flour|
|4 oz Swiss cheese, shredded|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
- In a large saucepan combine brats cut into 1/2 inch pieces, potatoes, onions, and salt and pepper.
- Add water, bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat.
- Cover and simmer for an additional 20 minutes until the potatoes are nearly done.
- Now stir in the cabbage and carrots, and cook until they are tender.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup of milk with the flour.
- Now gradually stir it into the soup to thicken it.
- When the soup has thickened and is bubbly, stir in the cheese until it is melted.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >