For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Combining two delicious dishes into one.
|1 lb cooked bratwurst|
|2 potatoes, peeled and chopped into medium pieces|
|2 cups water|
|1 head cabbage, cut into 3 inch pieces|
|1 cup carrots, chopped|
|3 cups milk|
|3 tablespoons flour|
|4 oz Swiss cheese, shredded|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
- In a large saucepan combine brats cut into 1/2 inch pieces, potatoes, onions, and salt and pepper.
- Add water, bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat.
- Cover and simmer for an additional 20 minutes until the potatoes are nearly done.
- Now stir in the cabbage and carrots, and cook until they are tender.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup of milk with the flour.
- Now gradually stir it into the soup to thicken it.
- When the soup has thickened and is bubbly, stir in the cheese until it is melted.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >