For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Combining two delicious dishes into one.
|1 lb cooked bratwurst|
|2 potatoes, peeled and chopped into medium pieces|
|2 cups water|
|1 head cabbage, cut into 3 inch pieces|
|1 cup carrots, chopped|
|3 cups milk|
|3 tablespoons flour|
|4 oz Swiss cheese, shredded|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
- In a large saucepan combine brats cut into 1/2 inch pieces, potatoes, onions, and salt and pepper.
- Add water, bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat.
- Cover and simmer for an additional 20 minutes until the potatoes are nearly done.
- Now stir in the cabbage and carrots, and cook until they are tender.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup of milk with the flour.
- Now gradually stir it into the soup to thicken it.
- When the soup has thickened and is bubbly, stir in the cheese until it is melted.
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >