For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Combining two delicious dishes into one.
|1 lb cooked bratwurst|
|2 potatoes, peeled and chopped into medium pieces|
|2 cups water|
|1 head cabbage, cut into 3 inch pieces|
|1 cup carrots, chopped|
|3 cups milk|
|3 tablespoons flour|
|4 oz Swiss cheese, shredded|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
- In a large saucepan combine brats cut into 1/2 inch pieces, potatoes, onions, and salt and pepper.
- Add water, bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat.
- Cover and simmer for an additional 20 minutes until the potatoes are nearly done.
- Now stir in the cabbage and carrots, and cook until they are tender.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup of milk with the flour.
- Now gradually stir it into the soup to thicken it.
- When the soup has thickened and is bubbly, stir in the cheese until it is melted.
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Mom Like a Queen
Treat mom to a special home cooked meal this Mother's Day. We have a variety of easy and delicious dishes she's sure to love. View Recipes >
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >