For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Combining two delicious dishes into one.
|1 lb cooked bratwurst|
|2 potatoes, peeled and chopped into medium pieces|
|2 cups water|
|1 head cabbage, cut into 3 inch pieces|
|1 cup carrots, chopped|
|3 cups milk|
|3 tablespoons flour|
|4 oz Swiss cheese, shredded|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
- In a large saucepan combine brats cut into 1/2 inch pieces, potatoes, onions, and salt and pepper.
- Add water, bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat.
- Cover and simmer for an additional 20 minutes until the potatoes are nearly done.
- Now stir in the cabbage and carrots, and cook until they are tender.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup of milk with the flour.
- Now gradually stir it into the soup to thicken it.
- When the soup has thickened and is bubbly, stir in the cheese until it is melted.
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >