For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Grilled Tri-tip Steak Salad
Rate this Recipe
Try this flavorful and easy steak salad for dinner tonight!
|1 tablespoon ground black pepper|
|1 tablespoon garlic powder|
|1 tri-tip roast|
|4 tablespoons kosher salt|
|12 cherry tomatoes, (halved)|
|4 cloves garlic, (smashed)|
|1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, (grated, more for topping)|
|6 tablespoons lemon juice|
|1 1/2 lb Romaine lettuce, (chopped)|
|1 cup olive oil|
|Ground black pepper, (to taste)|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt, (more to taste)|
|1 teaspoon tarragon|
- Combine ground black pepper, garlic powder and kosher salt in a small bowl.
- Coat roast with seasoning evenly.
- Heat grill to high. Once hot, sear the tri-tip on each side for a minute or two. Reduce heat, cook 3-5 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- As the steak is resting, place garlic cloves and kosher salt in a blender and pulse until minced.
- Add Parmesan cheese, tarragon and lemon juice to blender and mix.
- Pour a small amount of olive oil into blender, mix together and repeat until olive oil is gone.
- Season with ground black pepper and more kosher salt if needed.
- Place chopped Romaine lettuce in a salad bowl, drizzle dressing over top and toss together.
- Top salad with grilled tri-tip and Parmesan chees.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
What to do with all that turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce?
Here's a few ideas that might help solve the Thanksgiving leftover dilemma. There's a lot you can do with turkey: sandwiches, wraps, tacos. But what can you do with stuffing and cranberry sauce? How about make a sandwich unlike any other. A little bit sweet, a little filling, a whole lotta goodness from the first bite to the last. How about a hearty soup or an everything casserole. View Recipes >